Red Line 80W140 GL-5 Gear Oil
Red Line 80W140 Gear Oil is recommended for heavily loaded and low-speed differentials, including limited-slip, and where reduction of limited-slip chatter or gear noise is required.
80w140 Gear Oil:
- Recommended for API GL-5, GL-6, MT-1, MIL-L-2105E and SAE J2360
- Contains additional friction modifiers for suitability with clutch-type limited slip differentials - for most LSDs, no additional friction modifiers are required
- This product is not designed for use in manual transmission or transaxles with synchronizers, as its slipperiness may lead to shifting problems
- Popular in stock car racing differentials and transmissions
All Red Line Gear Oils feature:
- Fully-synthetic formulas created from polyol ester base stocks, offer excellent lubrication under extreme conditions
- High viscosity-index (VI) to provide relatively constant viscosity and film thickness with varying temperature change
- Ester base stocks and friction modifiers provide additional slipperiness to lower operating temperatures by reducing the sliding friction in hypoid gears
- Superior shear stability and reduced oxidation compared to other synthetics and conventional gear oils
- Exceed API GL-5 specifications
- Engineered to provide the highest degree of protection and improvement of differential efficiency for better mileage, longer drain intervals, and less wear.