HANS III FIA Device - Model 20
The Hans III Device features a specially engineered hollow collar that reduces device weight substantially. By engineering specific reinforcements into the design, the exceptionally strong structure provides the same level of safety as every other Hans Device, but allows for the lightest and most comfortable injection molded Hans Device ever. Featuring a sculpted round collar (similar to the Sport 2) that allows for increased driver comfort and easier entry/exit from the car.
|Part Number:||HADK14237, HADK14247|
- Sliding Tethers standard
- FIA approved
- Injection Molded super structural construction
- Hollow collar minimizes weight
- Weighs 200g less then the Sport 2 and 100g more then the Carbon Pro models
- Hollow collar to minimize weight
- Includes 2 M6 Anchors (enough for one helmet)
- FIA rating is equivalent to SFI 38.1 rating and accepted by all US and International Road Racing organizations.
Most modern Snell SA2015 and later and/or FIA8858/FIA8860/FIA8859 helmets have threaded mounting posts bonded into the helmet shell. This allows for very quick and easy installation without the need for specialty tools or helmet modification. If your helmet does not have these threaded mounting points, please contact us for assistance.
Tools needed for installation:
- 5/32 or 4mm Allen Key (put down your impact gun - either size will fit)
- Hans Anchor Key/Wrench (not included) OR Hans Tether attached to your device
- Taking the complete anchor, thread the anchor onto the terminal on the helmet. Note that threadlocker has been pre-applied to the thread of the anchor. If transferring the anchor to a new helmet, fresh threadlocker is recommended.
- Hand tighten the screw until snug, making sure that the point on the anchor faces rearward. If installing Quick-Click style anchors, the opening hasp should point rearward. (Click for Sample Image)
- Tighten the screw a ¼ turn past snug. You may need to hold the anchor still while tightening to insure the point on the anchor continues to face rearward. This can be accomplished with the flat edge of a connected tether or using the specialty Hans Anchor Key (or similar flat spanner wrench). Note: Not a lot of force is needed to tighten this screw - if you are having problems keeping the point on the anchor in place, you're probably over tightening! Overtightening can easily break the bonded anchor terminal and/or otherwise damage your helmet!
- Test your installation by connecting the Hans tether to the anchor and make sure it slides on/off with little resistance. If the anchor is installed too tightly, this will feel tight.
- That's it!