Red Line 75W140NS GL-5 Gear Oil - Quart
Popular for historic and vintage transmissions, like Mid-1930s to early-1950s synchro-equipped gearboxes in cars and trucks, 75W140 NS is known to help with noisy or rough shifting in troubled A-833 Dodge/Plymouth 4-speed transmissions from 1964 to 1969. It is also used as an option for noisy transmissions when mixed with 75W90NS or MT-90 (to bring viscosity level up) and can also used in clutch-type limited slip differentials in racing for maximum lock up (some users add Limited Slip Friction Modifier in small doses to customize slippage).
• Fully-synthetic formulas created from polyol ester base stocks, offer excellent lubrication under extreme conditions
• High viscosity-index (VI) to provide relatively constant viscosity and film thickness with varying temperature change
• Ester base stocks and friction modifiers provide additional slipperiness to lower operating temperatures by reducing the sliding friction in hyphoid gears
• Superior shear stability and reduced oxidation compared to other synthetics and conventional gear oils
• Exceed API GL-5 specifications
• Engineered to provide the highest degree of protection and improvement of differential efficiency for better mileage, longer drain intervals, and less wear.